Sunday, February 27, 2011

Heaven Sent

Ever have one of those moments where you know Heavenly Father was talking straight to you?Saturday was such a day for me.

Stake Conference was looking to be a good one. Pretty sure anything beginning with a good dinner of Cafe Rio and talk with some fun neighbors is just set up to be good.

Walking to the chapel with my husband my mind wandered to my younger years. I had so many opportunities to learn of the gospel and have my Spirit renewed while in college. The beginning years I think I was just starting to learn of what my testimony was. I had some trial and errors like most anyone. My later years of college however were spent being on institute committees and being in the IWA inner chapter. Summer work consisted of being a counselor at EFY and being surrounded by the gospel. I was always being spiritually fed.

Life continued. I got married and had children. Time became less about me and more about everyone else. I was no longer attending Institute and often during church I felt it to be a good meeting if I was able to hear more than 5 minutes uninterrupted.

As I sat down my mind continued to wander. A member of the 70 was in attendance with his wife. About half way through the meeting his wife stood to talk. 'Many of you may feel stretched,' she began. Tears began to flow from my eyes! As she talked part of my heart was touched that so badly needed every word she spoke. No one has yet to view what I wrote just the night before here on this blog, yet she spoke right to the very subject I had written on.

Heaven smiled upon me that Saturday evening. My Father in Heaven sent His love through a kind woman I didn't even know. More often than not I feel of His love through others. Bless those who are in touch with the Spirit enough to answer the prayers of an exhausted housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment